Today is Open Data Day 2013. I did’t have much time to hack, but I made a few tweaks to my ‘just for fun’ osm-reporter project to provide average, min and max counts per active day for each user. I also did a bunch of code cleanups under the hood which probably nobody except me... Read more »
This weekend I implemented a new feature for my ‘just for fun’ project osm-reporter. The feature implements timeline reporting for Open Street Map contributors. Its probably easiest to explain with a screenshot: Here is another one showing a few charts together: I added the feature because I wanted to see how many... Read more »
Here is a little update to my last post. I quickly whipped up a web app for the little stats script I wrote. It is available at http://osm.linfiniti.com. The stats only update once per hour so as not to hammer the osm export server. The code is all open source (https://github.com/timlinux/osm-reporter), written in python and... Read more »
It is fairly easy to create 3D buildings from OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps, essentially by extruding the 2D footprint polygons to 3D.
For the procedure using OSGeo software, see
The 1st European State of the Map Conference (SotM-Europe) will be held July 15-17 in Vienna, Austria. So far, there have been 4 International State of the Map conferences. This will be the first European edition of this event.
- Mapping (mapping, data, tagging, the state of the map in your country, etc…)
- TechTalks (development, rendering and infrastructure)
- Powered by OpenStreetMap (projects/business ideas based on OpenStreetMap)
- Convergence (open geo data world vs. the world of proprietary and authoritive data and software)
- Research (for researchers working with OpenStreetMap data)
- Others (other interesting information)
The call for papers is still open until Monday, February 28 2011.
The international conference will be held in Denver, Colorado from September 9-11 2011.